Friday, December 12, 2003

Five For Friday


Today's Friday Five.


1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays? Only if I'm not going anywhere. Usually I prefer snow and cold at a safe distance, so that if I suddenly take leave of my senses, I can go visit it ("Oh, look, Rainier is all white").

2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect? We have a traditional Christmas Day dinner party with friends. This year I'm thinking of brining the turkey. Wish me luck.

3. Do you do have any holiday traditions? We engage in Vegatation Sacrifice by getting a live tree. We set out candles in the window every year. Kate pulls out her collection of historical dolls and we turn the living room into a big doll-room. I add flour directly to the gravy, as Kate screams "Noooooooo!".

4. Do you do anything to help the needy?Nothing above the other 364 days - donations of cash and clothing. Well, maybe a little more at this time of year, but people need help in June, too.

5. What one gift would you like for yourself? "Let me pay off your house, Jeff - now get to work on that novel" :)

More later,