Monday, August 02, 2004

Robo-Poll

Sorry to stay National for the moment, but yesterday evening I got an automatic poller calling the house.

"This is an automated poll from ITC," said the female voice (I'm pulling from memory here, so the name may not be correct), "We are conducting an automatic poll that will take less than a minute - please don't hang up. First question: If the election was held tomorrow, who would you vote for, John Kerry or George Bush? Press "1" for Kerry, "2" for President Bush."

So I pressed the "1"

"You have pressed "1 - John Kerry". What were your reasons? Press "1" if you chose Kerry because you support the Democratic Party. Press "2" if you don't like President Bush."

And I hung up.

I mean, There are a lot of people who would want to press BOTH. And a lot of people who would have other reasons - "Lesser of two evils", or "Better of two candidates,"or "I don't trust any Republicans", or "I like Kerry's sense of humor," or "Because my dog told me to," and so would press neither. But no, you either are a card-carrying Dem or you dislike the President. No middle ground.

(Homer Voice On) Stupid Robo-Polls (Homer Voice Off)

More later,