Saturday, January 24, 2009

Howyadoin?

Pretty much OK. Thanks for asking.

Quick summary of the week - Monday AM was the vertigo attack, which meant that Monday and most of Tuesday were spent asleep from exhaustion and a massive valium hit. Wednesday I went to work - the Lovely Bride driving since was still on medication. The LB takes those warnings about operating heavy equipment very seriously, and I doubt I could convince her to let me operate a blender, much less a vehicle, while on drugs.

Anyway, Wednesday was important since one of our design groups was grinding its gears without me, and ended up in a three-hour meeting that was (surprise) incredibly constructive. Gave me enough to work of for a Work-At-Home day on Thursday (another LB trait - if I claim I am working at home, she expects me to be, well, working - cruel taskmistress that she is). Friday went in as well, still on anti-nauseas and vals, but was rewarded by seeing some of the very cool stuff the group is putting together.

In general, it has been a very productive week, given all the weirdness involved. Today I was finally trusted enough to drive out and get comics, so I've been taking it easy reading comics and watching curling on the CBC. Slowly weaning myself off the drugs, and so far, except for that weird feeling where you turn your head and it takes a few seconds for you mind to catch up, things have been doing pretty well.

Oh, and my ears have been cracking. Nothing major, but just continual pressure-pops along the ear canals.

Anyway, I've missed a few big things and some small stuff, we'll see where we go from here. I am better but not 100%. Today is officially a bumming around and healing day, and I will leave it at that.

More later,